NON-RESIDENT/SCHOOLS OF CHOICE ENROLLMENT
If you live outside of the district and are considering applying for Schools of Choice, Spring Lake participates in both the Section 105 and 105c Schools of Choice state plans and will accept limited enrollment for all grade levels as space allows.
The 2021-2022 Schools of Choice application will be open May 16, 2021 through May 30, 2021.
- Openings in each grade level vary from year to year and some grades may not have any available spots.
- The 2021-2022 application will be available May 16, 2021 through May 30, 2021.
- If the district receives more applications than openings, a random drawing will take place after the application period has closed.
- Kindergarten applicants are requested to attend Kindergarten screening in June – date to be determined.
- Parents will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance by June 11, 2021, and parents are required to confirm acceptance with SLPS by June 25.
- Non-accepted students will be placed on a waiting list in the order their names were drawn and notified of openings if a spot should become available, but no later than the first week of school.
- As stated above, siblings of current non-resident students will receive preference if space allows.
- Students who have been suspended within the past two years or have been expelled from any school district may be excluded.
- A written agreement between the resident district and SLPS must be in place for students who receive special education services or programs as to the responsibility of payment for the added cost of required services or programs for the student. Enrollment may be denied if an acceptable agreement cannot be obtained from the resident district.
- 105 and 105c are lottery-oriented systems, not first-come, first-served ones. Only one application may be submitted per student.
- Once a student is accepted, annual re-application is not required.
Please contact us at 616-846-5500.